About Industrial SkyWorks Inc.
Industrial SkyWorks is a Toronto-based commercial unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) software solutions company. As one of the most trusted names in the industry, Industrial SkyWorks offers cutting edge drone inspection solutions.
We are looking for a Computer vision and machine learning engineer to build a new cloud-based application offering an end-to-end solution from 3D drone mapping and inspections.
- Job Title
Computer vision and machine learning engineer
- Job summary
- Job type : Engineer
- Seniority level : Mid-Senior level
- Employment type : Full-time
ISW’s R&D team is seeking a highly experienced computer vision and machine learning engineer who is creative, flexible and eager to solve various computer vision problems.
- Develop cutting-edge computer vision technology with a focus on object detection/segmentation and localization in 2d pictures and 3d points clouds.
- Apply machine learning technology to various computer vision tasks with a focus on point-to-point registration, multi-temporal change detection, anomaly detection
- Improve photogrammetric mapping qualities such as 3D point cloud and mesh model
- Improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed computer vision modules
- Perform proper experiments to quantify and validate developed computer vision products
- Analyze and optimize computer vision algorithm performance
- Provide a full support for urgent technical issues
- Prepare technical documentation
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents.
- Apply image and video analysis techniques to large-scale, real-world problems.
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of products
- Working closely with the engineering and development team for integration
- Developing comprehensive testing protocol for all projects.
- Solving complex real-world challenges in creative, effective and efficient ways.
- Planning and managing time, tasks, milestones and resources to meet project objectives.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Strong background in Computer Vision and Machine Learning or related field
- Solid background in Projective Geometry, Camera models, SLAM and structure from motion.
- 3+ years experience of programming skills with C/C++ and/or Python
- Preferably experiences with OpenCV, PCL, OPEN3D or similar open sources
- Experience with machine learning platform packages such as PyTorch, TensorFlow and CUDA.
- Working knowledge of Linux, docker and deployment on cloud.
- Good communication (presentation) skills to smoothly collaborate with team members
- Preferred skills
- MS/Ph.D degree in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or related field
- 5+ years experience of programming skills with C/C++, and Python
- Understanding of applied mathematics, and numerical optimization
- Experience training deep CNNs and RNNs
- Experience on tuning machine learning architectures to be deployed in practical systems
- Best examples you developed (video, software, etc.)
- email to email@example.com